The Next Chapter in Data Center Cooling
Munters SyCool® Indirect Thermosyphon Cooling (ITC) for data centers is a highly energy efficient indirect cooling solution that does not need water!
SyCool technology was developed specifically for data centers. It uses the waste heat from the data center and a combination of gravity and a thermal siphon effect to drive a refrigeration cycle that operates without pumps or compressors. The system provides remarkable levels of energy efficiency.
Initially launched as a packaged Air Handling Unit (AHU) system, subsequent versions of SyCool will include “Split Systems”, such as above-aisle modules and perimeter CRAH units, providing scalable cooling for new build and retrofit applications. SyCool ITC eliminates the risk of contamination from air pollutants since there is no outside air that can enter the data center.
The packaged AHU version of SyCool has been designed so that the units can be installed without any space in between, with all service access from the ends. Positioning a tightly spaced bank of SyCool units along the perimeter of a data center provides world-class levels of cooling output per unit width.
With a nominal capacity of 250 kW, the P250 packaged system will be the first pump-free system to market. The system offers:
- Zero water consumption
- Best-in-class dry cooling solution
- HFO refrigerant-ready
- Oil-free, low-pressure thermosiphon circuits
- No moving parts
- Significant energy savings compared to the most efficient pumped refrigerant systems available on the market
- Best-in-class energy efficiency
- World-class cooling performance per unit width
- Extensive passive mode with compressor-free cooling across a wide range of temperatures
- No service access required to the sides of units
- Optimized for container shipment
Available now through the Munters global manufacturing network, the P250 packaged unit offers a range of flexible configurations, including perimeter mounted and rooftop.
Contact Climate Technologies to Find Out More
To learn more about Munters SyCool Solutions for Data Centers, please contact Climate Technologies.